Sunday, April 3, 2011

March recap Newsletter from Assemblymember Kristin Olsen

At the Capitol, we are continuing work on the state budget and other legislation. This month, we took an important step toward closing our budget deficit by passing bills to reduce state spending by over $7 billion. I recognize that many Californians will be impacted by these cuts and they were not easy to make. But the only road to financial stability is making difficult but necessary reductions to our spending. There is still much work ahead to balance the budget.
The deadline has now passed to introduce bills for the 2011 session and committees are beginning to hold hearings.
While members are allowed to introduce up to 40 bills each two-year session, I have only introduced a handful of bills this year. I believe we need fewer laws, not more. My legislation focuses on reforming current laws and important measures for my district.
For up-to-date information on the bills I have introduced click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment