The Angels Camp Museum, a museum that dedicates collections to inspire understanding of the gold country history of Angels Camp and the Mother Lode region, is pleased to invite you to our biggest event of the year!
Saturday in the Mines will take place on Saturday, September 13, 2014 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Angels Camp Museum. It is a free day of fun activities for the entire family.
Courtesy photo from gocalaveras.com
Fun activities such as:
· Live Music by The Stardust CowboysThe Stardust Cowboys have nearly 30 years entertaining across the Western States delivering Cowboy & Western Swing music. An award winning band stacked with outstanding talent in songwriting, dynamic instrumentals & vocal harmonies featuring many originals including western traditional tunes reminisce of the ’40s-’50s Bob Wills, Spade Cooley & Gene Autry eras.
· 3-Acres of Historical ExhibitsHome to one of the largest collections of wagons and carriages in the nation, Angels Camp Museum is a destination. Visitors can stroll through the beautifully landscaped historical park to explore extensive indoor and outdoor exhibits that include a doctor's office and The Mark Twain Exhibit, as well as ranching and artisan exhibits. Continuing through the museum, visitors can also view two steam traction engines and exhibits highlighting mining equipment such as an overshot water-wheel in its original location, a hydraulic monitor, drills, ore cars, and even a working model of a famous stamp mill.
· Special Guest Exhibitors & DemonstrationsStamp Mill, Print Press & Carpentry Demonstrations
California Blacksmith Association Demonstration
California State Parks
Angels Camp Museum Foundation
Ed Sims - Banjo Musician & Historian
Old Timers Museum
Friends of the Calaveras County Library
Calaveras County Historical Society
· Hands-On Activities for Kids
· Gold Panning Experience Station for $5
· Gift Shop
· Guided Tours Throughout the Day
· Johnny's Mobile Food will be selling Tasty Lunch Items
This festival is FREE and everyone is welcome!
Angels Camp Museum
753 S. Main Street, Angels Camp, CA 95222
Located off historic highway 49
Hours of Operation:
Thursday to Monday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Contact:Like us on Facebook