Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Interviews with congressional district 4 candidates

Beginning 9-25-14 the candidate interviews for congressional district 4 will be posted verbatim.
The candidates -Congressman Tom McClintock and Art Moore- each received the same questions and were given a deadline with which to reply. The answers are verbatim and the interviews will be posted in the order in which they were received.

Though some have questioned this form of "canned" interviewing, it removes any journalistic bias or spin a reporter may have on a certain subject. 

The following are the questions posed to each candidate:

Why are you running?
What do you believe are your qualifications for this office?
What is your top priority currently?
Tell me your position and why, on water rights.
Tell me your position and why, on the Affordable Care Act.
Tell me your position and why, on military support in Iraq.
Tell me your position and why, on military support in the Ukraine.
Tell me how you plan to create jobs.
And finally, tell me how you will help the over 100,000 veterans in your district with services, representation and care.
In closing, I would like to allow you to add up to a 300 word count statement so that you may touch on issues I have not put forth.