Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Welcome to the Country ....THE BOOK! Now available

If you have been enjoying the 'Welcome to the Country' humor columns... you will love the book!

'Welcome to the Country' is a humorous look at life in the country, from cow pie bingo to rocky mountain oysters, to the random collection of tractors in our yards that we proudly refer to as yard art. Luckily for us, those  rusty old tractors, discarded comodes bursting with wildflowers, and windmills squeaking in the breeze, have put us country folk on the cutting edge of 'eco art'. Who would have guessed?
 
The book includes collections of Welcome the the Country humor columns from '09 thru '12.
 
                                                           
My first clue that I had moved to the country was a pageantry of bovine beauties parading across a four lane highway halting traffic for miles. As I stared in wonder at the 'fragrant' display  before me, my eyes  sadly drifted to the beautiful new Manolo heels adorning my feet, wondering just where in the country I would ever wear them. I soon learned they were useless for mucking stalls and tastier to a  country dog than an old rawhide bone.
Many more lessons followed on the heels - no pun intended - of my first introduction to the country life.
Not one to turn from an adventure I learned to embrace the country lifestyle wholeheartedly.  My first order of business... a shopping trip for new duds (aka  Wranglers and Ariats) country style haute couture here I come. 
 
Author Charity Maness lives in Copperopolis. Though a resident of 14 years, she is still a newcomer by 'real' local standards. 
Welcome to the country is available on Amazon.com and kindle.