Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Carson Atkinson Showing Steer and Lamb at Fair

Hello, my name is Carson Atkinson I am 14 years old.  I have been in the Angelus Ranus 4-H Club for 9 years.  I like 4-H because it is fun to be with my friends and raising the animals teaches me responsibility.  This is my fourth year to sell in the Calaveras County Jr Livestock Auction so I can earn money for my college savings account. I am raising 1 lamb and 1 steer to show at the fair and hopefully sell them at the auction.
           
            I would like to invite you to attend the Calaveras County Fair Jr Livestock Auction on Sunday May 22nd starting at 9:00AM.  There will be 2 auctions happening at the same time.  Rabbits, Swine, and Turkeys will be sold in the Swine show ring in that order.  Sheep, Goats, Poultry and Beef in that order will be sold in the Tower Pavilion.  There is also a free breakfast hosted by the Jr Livestock Committee before the auction that begins at 7:00AM near the rabbit barn.

 
            If you would like to come and see me show my animals at the fair I will be showing my lamb in the lower show ring on Thursday May 19th starting at 8:00AM. and I will be showing my steer in the lower show ring on Friday May 20th at 9:00AM, FFA will be first.

            I also like to play sports. I have played football in the past, but I broke my leg last April which hurt my ACL ligament to where I can't play for another year. I broke my leg on my motorcycle which I like to ride still. I am also trap shooting for my 6th year in the Angels Camp Gun Club Youth Program.

            I have worked very hard taking good care of my animals and hope I will see you at the fair and that you will consider biding on one of my animals.   If you would like a pass for the auction or have any questions please contact me at (209)785-2420.   Thank You for reading my letter.

Sincerely,
Carson Atkinson



 

No comments:

Post a Comment