Monday, February 25, 2013

What some of our Copper kids have to say about their kindness heroes

Kindess hero essays
My KINDNESS HERO is my sister, Bianca.
Whenever I feel sad or hurt my sister, Bianca, is always
there for me. She tells me that I am smart and and a
loving girl even when others don’t always see that.
Bianca is there for my Mommy, too. When my
Mommy cries, my sister Bianca tells her to be strong and
they she will try to help. Sometimes, she takes her out
in the car for a ride.
We like to go shopping together. I go with her
to church. She teaches me to pray and be thankful to
God for what we have. She is the best example to me.
She is very special to me. Bianca is my
KINDNESS HERO because she makes a big difference in
my life.
By Anita Ruiz
Age 8
Mrs. Young’s 3rd grade 

My Kindness hero Will Willams. Will Williams is my
mom’s boyfriend. What makes him my kindness hero is
that he served 8 years in the United States Marine Corps
fighting for our Country. He did 3 deployments. Two to
Iraq and one to Afghanistan. Will is special to me
because he loves me and protects me. He helps me
with my homework and he takes good care of
my mom,brother and me. He makes me smile and laugh and he
gives me hugs and kisses. I am so very proud and lucky
to have him in my life.
By Shelbie Galas
Grade 2
Mrs. Aardal’s class
 
 
My grandma Carie instructs mentally disabled with forms
of communication using sign language or picture cards.
She teaches people skills like cooking, laundry,
gardening and social communication. Part of her job,
she helps them with their paid jobs by picking up litter,
recycling and landscaping.
They also volunteer at the humane society, meals on
wheels and the food bank to give back to the
community.
My Grandma Carie loves her job because she gets to
help others and make them a part of the community
By Landie Winans
Grade 2
Mrs.Aardal’s class