CALAVERAS COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
June 12, 2012
CALAVERAS COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY
CALAVERAS COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD IN THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS CHAMBERS
891 Mountain Ranch Rd, San Andreas, California
IF YOU WISH TO ADDRESS THE BOARD ON AN AGENDA ITEM, PLEASE COME TO THE ROSTRUM AND GIVE YOUR NAME AND YOUR COMMENTS. PLEASE LIMIT YOUR COMMENTS TO THE SPECIFIC SUBJECT UNDER DISCUSSION. TIME LIMITS SHALL BE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE CHAIR.
9:00 AM: Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS ARE EXPECTED TO BE ROUTINE AND NON-CONTROVERSIAL. THEY WILL BE ACTED UPON BY THE BOARD AT ONE TIME WITHOUT DISCUSSION. ANY BOARD MEMBER, STAFF MEMBER OR INTERESTED PARTY MAY REQUEST REMOVAL OF AN ITEM FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA FOR LATER DISCUSSION.
1. MINUTES of meeting held on May 22, 2012 – Board action:
2. CORRESPONDENCE: May 21 – June 1, 2012 (see attached) – Board action:
3. Approve an ORDINANCE to amend Chapter 13.02 of the County Code, County Service Areas – Road Improvement and Maintenance Assessments, to conform to changes in the State County Service Area Law, Government Code Section 25210, et seq.; Public Works – Board action:
4. MINUTE ORDER upholding the Administrative Citation in Code Compliance Case #12-04, regarding Jerry W. & Penelope D. Cook, 9467 Robin Lane, Angels Camp, CA. (subdivision situated in the vicinity of Pool Station Road and Highway 4) authorizing abatement of all remaining code violations, and the assessment of a lien on the subject property for the recovery of Administrative Costs, Administrative Fines, and Abatement Costs; Code Compliance – Board action:
5. MINUTE ORDER upholding the Administrative Citation in Code Compliance Case #12-06, regarding Paul Jones, 8494 Baldwin Street, Valley Springs, CA. authorizing abatement of all remaining code violations, and the assessment of a lien on the subject property for the recovery of Administrative Costs, Administrative Fines, and Abatement Costs; Code Compliance – Board action:
6. MINUTE ORDER upholding the Administrative Citation in Code Compliance Case #12-12, regarding Donald Jr. & Cindy M. Teague, 3759 Pennsylvania Gulch Road, Murphys, CA. authorizing abatement of all remaining code violations, and the assessment of a lien on the subject property for the recovery of Administrative Costs, Administrative Fines, and Abatement Costs; Code Compliance – Board action:
7. MINUTE ORDER accepting $4,243.78 (Four thousand two hundred forty-three and 78/100 dollars ) from Copperopolis Friends of the Library for the purchase of 5 replacement computers, increasing expense object code 5498 Minor Equipment-Computers) in the amount of $4243.78 and increasing Revenue line 4707 (Donations) by $4243.78 by approval of a Budget Adjustment for Appropriation/Est. Revenue Increase requiring a 4/5 vote; Library – Board action:
8. MINUTE ORDER approving a three (3) year lease agreement between County of Calaveras and Julia Moore, Donald Myers and Marcia Meyers for the West Point Branch Library located at 291 Main Street, West Point, California at $550.00/month for the period July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2015; Administration – Board action:
9. MINUTE ORDER approving a five (5) year lease agreement between County of Calaveras and Bruno Investments for the Behavioral Health Annex located at 373 West Saint Charles Street, in San Andreas with a first year cost of $5,250.00/month starting July 1, 2012; Administration – Board action:
10. MINUTE ORDER amending the Joint-Use Agreement between the county of Calaveras and the Bret Harte Union High School District executed on December 6, 2004 and revising Exhibit A, Master Use Schedule; Administration – Board action:
11. MINUTE ORDER authorizing the Chair to sign a Three Year Agreement with Richard A. Ciummo & Associates for Public Defender Services for a total agreement amount of $1,014,080 and a not to exceed $20,000 per year line item for investigative services; County Counsel – Board action:
12. MINUTE ORDER authorizing Board Clerk to sign Memorandum notifying Bret Harte Union High School District and Calaveras Unified School District that the County will not issue 2012-2013 TRANS (Tax and Revenue Participation Note) Borrowings on their behalf which authorizes the districts to issue the TRANS Borrowings on their own behalf as set forth in Government Code §53853; County Counsel – Board action:
13. MINUTE ORDER authorizing the Behavioral Health Services Director to sign the Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness (PATH) grant award with the California State Department of Mental Health which will result in revenue in the amount of $12,500 for the period of July 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013; Behavioral Health – Board action:
14. RESOLUTION approving a revised and extended contract with Calaveras County Deputy Sheriffs Association (DSA) for July 1, 2011 to December 31, 2012; Human Resources – Board action:
15. RESOLUTION approving a new and extended contract with Sheriff’s Management Unit (SMU) for July 1, 2011 to December 31, 2012; Human Resources – Board action:
16. RESOLUTION for a one year contract extension with the California Forensic Medical Group, Inc. for Medical Services for Calaveras County Jail Inmates from July1, 2012 through June 30, 2013 with CPF Increase of 1.09% Or $4,247.28 per month for FY12/13 for a total contract cost of $393,907.20 payable in 12 equal monthly payments of $32,825.60; Sheriff – Board action:
17. MINUTE ORDER authorizing the Chair of the Board of Supervisors to sign the agreement between Doctors Medical Center of Modesto and Calaveras County for psychiatric treatment services in an amount not to exceed two hundred twenty five thousand dollars ($225,000) for the 36 month period of July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2015; Behavioral Health – Board action:
18. 2012-025 Misc. County Initiated Waiver of AUP Fees for Community Signs; A recommendation to adopt a RESOLUTION waiving the $500 Application Fee for Administrative Use Permits for Community Identification Signs; Planning – Board action:
9:10 AM: PUBLIC COMMENTS
19. PUBLIC COMMENTS: 5 minutes per person. Comments shall be limited to items of interest to the public that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board; Government Code Section 54954.3(a).
9:30 AM: CHILD CARE COUNCIL / BUILDING / AGRICULTURE / PLANNING / ADMINISTRATION / BOARD MATTERS
20. MINUTE ORDER approving the revised child care priorities as recommended by the Calaveras Child Care Council for General Child Care and Development funds and State Pre-School funds and approving the Board Chair to sign the Priorities Report; Calaveras Child Care Council – Board action:
21. RESOLUTION Authorizing a measure to be placed on the November 2012 Ballot continuing the Calaveras County/City of Angels Abandoned Vehicle Abatement Joint Powers Authority (JPA) and continuing the $1.00 fee assessed on each vehicle registered in Calaveras County to assist funding of the Abandoned Vehicle Abatement Program, which requires 2/3 voter approval; Building – Board action:
22. Introduce and waive reading of an ORDINANCE amending Title 14, Chapter 14.02, Section 14.02.100 – Dispute Resolution; Agriculture – Board action:
23. California State Department of Housing and Community Development Annual Housing Element Progress Report; Planning.
24. Review of correspondence, reports and various matters of concern.
25. 2:00 PM: STUDY SESSION: Board discussion and direction regarding possible changes to the Board of Supervisors' meeting agenda format, schedule, and procedures; Administration.
26. 2:30 PM: FY 2012/13 Recommended Budget Hearings: Board discussion and possible action.
9:00 AM – JUNE 13 through 15, 2012 – CONTINUED BUDGET HEARINGS: (as necessary)
CalWorks – Sequoia Room, 509 E. St. Charles Street, San Andreas, CA 95249
CORRESPONDENCE – June 12, 2012
The Board May Take Action on Any of the Following Items:
May 21, 2012
1. From: CCWD; re: May 23 meeting agenda; Board, CAO, Counsel
May 22, 2012
2. From: Kathey Dietrich; re: Request for Refund; Wilensky, CAO, Counsel, Planning
May 25, 2012
3. From: CVRWQCB; re: June 7 & 8 public meeting; Board, CAO, Counsel, Post
May 29, 2012
4. From: CCWD; re: May 29 meeting agenda; Board, CAO, Counsel
5. From: CCWD; re: May 31 meeting agenda; Board, CAO, Counsel
6. From: SWRCB; re: Notice of Petitions for Temporary Change Involving the Transfer/Exchange Under DWR; Board, CAO, Counsel, Post
7. From: CCWD; re: Groundbreaking Ceremony for New Headquarters; Board, CAO, Counsel
May 31, 2012
8. From: Lake Tulloch Shores; re: Transient Rental Policy; Board, CAO, Counsel, Planning
9. From: A Concerned Citizen; re: District Attorney’s Office; Board, CAO, Counsel, DA
10. From: CalFire; re: Timber Harvesting; Wilensky, Callaway, CAO, Counsel, Post