Friday, March 21, 2014

To Dine or Not to Dine...

This weeks restaurant, Bristol's Ranch House Cafe in Arnold.

There are some restaurants you just can't get enough of, and this one is one of them.

Not sure whether its the small town dining, the fun wait staff or the down home cooking, but whatever it is...I keep coming back for more.

This week, after a short hike at White Pines with my beautiful daughter and adorable grandson..yes, grandson...I am the proud grandmother of FOUR grandchildren with hopefully more on the way....we decided to stop for a bite at Bristol's Ranch House Cafe.

Best decision of the day.




After watching the portions that came out of the kitchen we opted to share a sandwich.

A Rueben. Not just any rueben, an almost four inch high rueben!
But with that rueben we also had a yummy side salad (part of the sandwich package - a side). The serving size was definitely made for two!

As we were trying to navigate our mouths around the huge sandwiches we were brought a sample from the kitchen....one of Patty's new dishes - couscous. One word...DIVINE! I have found it very difficult to perfect couscous, but Patty did just that. A perfect blend of spices, fresh herbs, and secret ingredients. A sample was not enough, I ordered some to go. Even my little grandson gobbled it up.

If you are passing through Arnold, or are making a nice day trip to the beauty of the forest, stop by Bristol's for some real home cooking - guaranteed each plate made with love.

For more information on Bristol's Cafe visit their facebook page

P.S. After one visit they know you by name, they welcome you like family and they treat you like friends. A great find!

by,
Charity Maness
 (My little disclaimer:  'To dine or not to dine' is meant to be a helpful - and humorous - informational piece only. I receive no monetary compensation for this column nor do I endorse any one eatery. This is simply my opinion. My tastes will be different from others and I readily admit that I have no culinary background, but I am fairly confident I know when food is cooked correctly or not, whether a drink is poured well or not and especially whether wait staff is first-rate or in need of a career change.)