Monday, March 17, 2014

Welcome new advertiser Grant Barrett for Calaveras Superior Court Judge Dept 1

Grant Barrett 

Experienced & Fair

Welcome to my campaign for Calaveras County Superior Court Judge, Department One.


 
Experienced - I am the only candidate running for Department One with proven experience as a judge. Currently, I serve our community as Court Commissioner where I am entrusted daily to preside over some of the most challenging cases in our court. I have served as the Superior Court Commissioner since 2006, presiding over trials and law-and-motion hearings. Prior to appointment as Court Commissioner, I was the court's research attorney assisting the judges in criminal and civil matters as well as serving as a Temporary Judge for case management, settlement conferences, and small claims trials.  In total, I have over 12 years of continuous experience on the bench in Calaveras County.
Fair - Fair and equal treatment for all under the law is a founding principle of our great society.  I am committed to fairness under the law and have received the respect and gratitude of local residents, litigants, and legal professionals statewide.  In 2013, I was named Judicial Officer of the Year by the Child Support Directors Association of California.  This statewide honor is awarded to one recipient each year who consistently works to achieve fair and reasonable outcomes while promoting an attitude and demeanor on the bench making the courtroom accessible for all. It was a great honor, which I share with court staff, in making every effort to remain fair and responsive to the needs of our community.
I have the proven experience and commitment to fairness which our community deserves in its next Superior Court Judge.  I ask for your vote on June 3, 2014.
Grant Barrett

For more information visit http://www.barrett4judge.com/

(Paid for by Grant Barrett for Judge FPPC1363039)