Friday, August 15, 2014

To Dine or not To Dine



8-15-14
For those of you who follow my ‘to dine or not to dine’ restaurant reviews, I apologize. I have been remiss in my duties of late, due to time and economy constraints dining out has not been on the top of my ‘to do’ list. But not to worry, I think I have found a gem here in the foothills, in fact, right in our back yard.

I am talking about the new coffee shop in Town Square in Copperopolis, Roasters Coffee Corner. A coffee shop, you ask? Why yes!

Of course, I had to visit multiple times in order to give a full review…darn…what I won’t suffer for these columns. (Please hear the sarcasm, as there was NO suffering dining at Roasters.)
First hubby and I thought we would give their lunch a shot. And what a shot it was! The combinations of meats, sauces, cheeses, toppings etc . was incredible. Combinations I would have never considered but were a delight to the palate.

Feeling in a Thanksgiving type mood, I opted for the smoked turkey on garlic herb ciabatta with spicy garlic cranberry dressing, cream cheese, lettuce and tomato. Needless to say, I did not speak until my plate was clean. And for those who know me that’s quite a compliment, as words tend to tumble out of my mouth a rapid rate and extremely often. 



If your mouth is not watering after reading that delicious creation, let me tell you what hubby had!
Being a meat and potatoes kinda guy he ordered roast beef on garlic ciabatta with horseradish sour cream aioli, horseradish white cheddar cheese, onion, lettuce and tomato. Heaven on a roll!
See what I mean about the combinations you never would have thought of at home? Creative genius!
Well, since lunch was such a success, we thought, “Why not try breakfast?” 

We had heard that on Saturday mornings, the owner George, makes his special biscuits and gravy, right there in my hubby’s top 2 favorite breakfasts. Now I can make a pretty mean platter of biscuits and gravy, but not once has hubby cleaned the plate like he did at Roasters. Guess my recipe was put to shame. Well done George!

As for me, you all know by now that I like my foofoo coffee. And those of you that drink foofoo coffee know how hard it is to make it just right. Mine was perfect! Just enough syrup, just enough milk, just enough coffee. Delightful. Oh, and I ordered food too! I ordered a ham and cheese croissant, fully expecting the traditional microwaved deal. Nope. Not here. The ham was a relatively thick slice grilled til slightly crunchy and then placed on a croissant and grilled til the cheese melted. Mouth watering goodness.

Each time I have visited Roasters I left with more money in my pocket than I expected, a belly full of happiness and the knowledge that I would return, and soon.

Keep in mind, this is not fast food. Come in to relax, enjoy your coffee and your food.

Clean, good service, good prices and great food. 

For daily meal specials and more information on Roasters visit their Facebook page at  https://www.facebook.com/RoastersCoffeeCorner

by,
Charity Maness 


(My little disclaimer:  'To dine or not to dine' is meant to be a helpful - and humorous - informational piece only. I receive no monetary compensation for this column nor do I endorse any one eatery. This is simply my opinion. My tastes will be different from others and I readily admit that I have no culinary background, but I am fairly confident I know when food is cooked correctly or not, whether a drink is poured well or not and especially whether wait staff is first-rate or in need of a career change.)