Friday, March 2, 2012

Letter from Sharon Romano re:Spellman recall response

I see that you have a link on the Copper Gazette to Spellman’s Calaveras West Blog post, “Russ Thomas recall scoundrels exposed,” which is full of inaccuracies and, as his style, full of name calling. I would like to make sure you have the entire timeline and the background story that’s going on.


His post was published at 2:39 am on Wednesday, February 29.  At 8:57 am that same morning, I submitted the following response to the Calaveras West Blog:

Mr. Spellman. I am a business consultant and web designer. I have had S&R Enterprises for almost 15 years. It is MY business to design websites. I also do the Calaveras Senior Center, the Calaveras County Commission on Aging, the Calaveras Tea Company, the Calaveras County Women's Network, San Andreas Movers & Shakers, Marc Boyd for Assembly, Barbara Yook for District Attorney, Blue Sky On-Location, Allen Arnold Hair Design & Spa, Occupy Mothrelode, and many others. I am NOT Mr. Thomas' or anyone else's lackey. Furthermore, it's the personal attacks like the ones you're making here that demonstrate so clearly that you are unfit to be a supervisor. If you want to refute the recall, have your responses address the reasons for the recall and STOP attacking people who are carrying out their Constitutional Rights.  Thank you for the opportunity to respond. Sharon Romano

Noting that as of 9:47 am on March 1, my response had not yet been published, I sent an email directly to Mr. Spellman stating that, “I would greatly appreciate the opportunity for your followers to hear the response to your accusations.”

Later that evening, I received the following email from him:

Dear Sharon, 

If because you own a website creation/hosting business you hope to convince me and others that these three websites are merely coincidental you must actually believe that I and the voting public are far less intelligent than yourself I suppose. 

The FACT that your husband Tillman is acting as the media relations liaison for the recall means nothing? 

His name was on the press release from Tuesday morning, was it not? 

It's good to have a healthy opinion regarding your personal strengths and professional abilities, but you are seriously underestimating the collective intelligence of the voters in this county including myself. 

We see through your thinly veiled political propaganda

Nice try ; )

Supervisor Spellman 

My response to his email was the question, “Am I to take your reply as a refusal to post my response on the Calaveras West Blog?”  I didn’t get a response, however, this morning my submission has been deleted.

I am frequently asked why I am working so hard to get Spellman recalled since I don’t live in his district. My response is that I feel that it is extremely important that voters throughout county know how unfit he is to be a supervisor and his response to this second recall effort is a prime example. Instead of addressing the reasons stated in the Notice of Intent and preparing a thoughtful and concise response, he is out making personal attacks and trying to divert the focus. If voters look thoroughly into what he lists as his accomplishments, they will see that in many cases he is taking credit for what others have done. He then steps forward to take the credit and do the photo op.

Thank you for the opportunity to provide the details and chronology of the last few days. It has been trying, and sometimes upsetting, but if I don’t stand up for my Constitutional Rights and Freedoms, people like Spellman will continue to manipulate the truth and disregard the rights of others.

Very kind regards,

Sharon Romano

No comments:

Post a Comment