Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Judicial candidates and Sheriff Candidates forum held in San Andreas

A judicial and Sheriff candidate forum was held last night in San Andreas to a crowd of approximately 140 people.

Questions had been processed through submissions accepted via email and whittled down to 5 basic questions.

Each candidate was allowed an introduction and were timed on both intro and response to questions.




The following are very short excerpts from each candidates intro:




Dept 1 judicial candidates:

Grant Barrett - "I am endorsed by both Judge Mewhinney and Judge Martin..I am the succession plan...I have presided over more than 25,000 court hearings, settlement conferences, and trials (in Calaveras County as Commissioner)."

Ken Foley - "I understand what the people want and need in this community."

Dana Pfiel - "Prosecutors make good judges; we live and breath the job."

Dept 2 judicial candidates:

Tim Healy - "I want to bring my experience home."

Hugh Swift - "It is my job. (It requires) someone who understands the impact to our community."

John Trifillo - "(I have had) 40 years practicing law, that's what I do."


Sheriff candidates:

Pat Garrahan - ""I want to put (my) experience to use for you - the protection and safety of the citizens a priority."

Sheriff Kuntz - "Crimes reduced 17% overall since I have been in office...I want to finish what I started."


For more pictures CLICK HERE

The Copper Gazette will begin running previously published interviews with candidates beginning next week.

When a video becomes available of the 4-29-14 event the Copper Gazette will provide a link to that video.

Updated 5-1-14 9:03 am.
Video of the candidates night can be found on thepinetree.net at:
 http://thepinetree.net/index.php?module=announce&ANN_user_op=view&ANN_id=40390