Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Letter to the Editor hits close to home - re: Honor the Fallen

My name is Kelly Abercrombie and I am a California Highway Patrol Officer assigned to the San Andreas Area office. I am also in the Army National Guard, currently serving in Afghanistan.  Imagine my surprise as I scrolled through my local news blogspot, The Copper Gazette, and came across photos of two fallen soldiers I knew well. CW3 Andrew McAdams and SGT Drew Scobie, both of whom are pictured under Honor The Fallen. Andrew was my roommate , a fellow crew member and a good friend. Drew Scobie also was a friend and fellow crew-member. They are both sorely missed and their loss is felt by our unit every day, to say nothing of the loss their families must feel. I want to thank you for acknowledging them and for honoring their service to our country.

Very Respectfully,
CW2 Kelly Abercrombie