Monday, August 12, 2013

Ric Ryan 'Walking Man of Murphys' honored along with all veterans at Big and Rich Concert

US Marine and Vietnam Veteran known as The Walking Man of Murphys was honored by Big & Rich, at the August 10, 2013 Ironstone concert, for his service and philanthropy work for Operation Mend.

"Last Saturday I was honored at the Big and Rich concert in Murphys. They called me up to the stage and honored all vets there and because I live in Murphys they had me with them on the stage. They told the everyone there that I served in the Vietnam and did two tours which they got wrong because I said I was there in 66 and 67. I did one tour then and it was for 13 months and 15 days but that is okay they just misunderstood me. They told everyone that I have walked 5163 miles to raise money for Operation Mend who helps returning veterans that did help. When I came out on the stage they said here is our local veteran Sgt Ric Ryan of the United States Marine Corps and everybody stood and cheered.
If you have the time please click on the you tube site at the bottom and watch.  I had tears in my eyes because I was so proud of being a Marine.
Thank you all and please keep supporting our veterans for they are the future of this great country
Ric Ryan        USMC     64-68
PS I plan on start walking again in two weeks by then I should be able to get 6 to 10 miles a day. I have been off from because I just had a total right knee replacement at the VA hospital. "

To view youtube video shot by Ric's daughter CLICK HERE

For previous 2012 article on Ric Ryan and his efforts CLICK HERE