Thursday, January 20, 2011

Possible Solutions for branch libraries, Supervisor Spellman Blog Post 1-19-11

The simplest solution it seems would be to divide the $160,290 the county has allocated for the branch libraries by the number of branches, which is 8 and each branch would receive approximately $20,000 to do what they see fit with.
Simplest does not always equal best, so I would like to hear ideas on how we might go about attempting a change towards greater fairness in distribution of funding.
I’m listening here on line and in person every Thursday from 12-1 p.m. at the Rancho Calaveras Clubhouse and 2-3 p.m. at Snaps coffee shop in Copper Town Square.
We had our first community meet ups last week and I met several new people as well as some I had the opportunity to know from the campaign trail last year. I look forward to Thursdays in my schedule, to meet with people and get feedback about what’s new in our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment