Monday, June 20, 2011

Spellman to hold 'First Annual' grass roots Congressional Fundraiser

At the June 16, 2011 Copperopolis forum, Supervisor Darren Spellman announced he will be hosting his “first annual” grass roots Congressional fundraiser on June 25, 2011.
Adding a Calaveras County twist, Spellman will be holding his fundraiser bbq on the island in the middle of Hogan Lake during a fireworks display. Those attending will be ferried across the lake to the island, where they will enjoy the company of Darren, his family, and his supporters, all while dining on a traditional hometown bbq meal of hotdogs and hamburgers. The finale…the fireworks display over the lake. Those wishing to leave will be ferried back to shore after the fireworks display.
Spellman said that attending this event is a simple process. To reserve your first annual grass roots Congressional fundraiser spot just visit www.spellmanforcongress.com, click on contribute. “Any donation large or small will get your name on the list to be ferried to the island for the bbq…I just want people to come and meet me and have fun.”
Spellman alluded to expensive dinners and events held by many politicians that seem to alienate many of the citizenry. He is hoping that this type of event will be able to reach out to more people. “I plan on running my Congressional campaign like I did my Supervisor campaign, mostly small local donations. I will take some corporate donations but will not be obligated. I refuse to do that.”

Spellman at 2011 Frog Jump

By, Charity Maness

No comments:

Post a Comment