Saturday, April 23, 2011

8th Grader Michael Legge Raising Funds to compete at the State Science Fair

Local boy Michael Legge, an 8th grader at Mark Twain and Copper resident, recently won first place in his division at the Calaveras County Science Fair with his project "Mysterious Bacteria vs Evil Tobacco."
He will be at Payless IGA today from 2 to 6 with his experiment to answer questions and to hopefully raise funds that will help him go to the State Science Fair competition..
Letter from Michael:
Hello my name is Michael Legge and I am an 8th grade student at Mark Twain Elementary School. Mark Twain doesn’t require students to do science fair projects but I went out and did one on my own. My project is Mysterious Bacteria vs. Evil Tobacco, the effects of tobacco products on bacteria in the mouth. I was the only one to represent my school at the county level and to my surprise I got first place and my project was chosen to go to the State Science Fair in L.A. on May 2nd and 3rd.

My problem is the cost will be around $500 and with the county’s current budget they will not be able to help me and I really don’t want to put any more strain on the county or my family. I am attempting to raise the funds to go on my own by trying to get donations.

On Saturday April 23rd, I will be outside of the Payless IGA Market in Copper from 2:00 am till 6:00 pm displaying my project and attempting to raise funds to go. Donations may also be mailed to my home. I would appreciate any donations even the smallest will help. My goal is to proudly represent Copperopolis and Calaveras County and hopefully place at the state level.

Thank you in advance,

Michael Legge
7 Flagstone Ct.
Copperopolis, CA 95228
(209) 785-7720

No comments:

Post a Comment